There are so many people who go to psychics these days!! So it is important to know how to get a good reading!!
A lot of people assume that it is the psychic or medium who does all the work, but this is far from true. You, as the client or sitter, are also participating and are part of the energy that allows for your messages to come through. You are very much in control of the flow of energy. You can block information or allow it, you can be there in joy or anger or fear or sadness and all of that affects your reading.
Often people come to a psychic when they have had a trauma and are seeking insight and answers. It is natural for them to be upset, in fear or even angry. And this is ok. Just being aware that your state of mind might effect the energy, you will be able to relax and let the energy and information come. And a good psychic will help you to calm down and relax through a prayer or meditation to help you be ready for your reading. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve had to “talk off the ledge” before getting down to the messages they came to receive!!
Getting a good reading is also based on being able to choose a good psychic. Finding one through friends or family who have had a good experience is the best way, but sometimes you may need to find one without a referral, so here are some good tips:
1. Pick a psychic who has trained in psychism and/or mediumship, and spirituality. There are a lot of people who have a gift, but do not have training on safety, protocols, etiquette, and basic psychology to handle what may happen in a reading. Choosing a psychic who also has a background in psychology, healing, metaphysics, spirituality and who is a bright and happy person will go a long way in making sure you have a great experience.
2. Listen to how you FEEL about a psychic you are thinking of getting a reading from. If all your friends say this one is great, but you don’t feel right, listen to yourself. It doesn’t mean there is anything wrong necessarily, but it does mean that you probably are not going to get what you are seeking from that psychic at that time. Choose a psychic who’s photo or demeanor makes you feel good and happy and uplifted. Most people can tell pretty quickly, if they trust their intuition!!
3. Don’t cheap out on your psychic. Good professional psychics come at a premium rate because they have experience and training that hone their skills. Just like a doctor, psychologist, physical trainer, or CEO of a large corporation you are paying for what you get. And keep in mind…you aren’t really paying a psychic for their gifts, you are paying them for their time. And a good professional psychic will have invested hundreds if not thousands of hours on training honing those gifts, not to mention the money they have invested. A really good psychic charges no less that $125-$150 per hour, and most charge much more than that. But think of it…..if you have to have surgery, do you want the street corner surgeon who is cheap, or do you want the profession doctor who has what is needed to give you top notch care?? Personally, I choose the good doctor who has what it takes to make sure I am taken care of well!! Your psychic may find a health issue that saves your life, or help you find the love of your life, or provide you with information to help you make adjustments to live a happy, fulfilling, successful life!! Don’t cheap out on that, you are too important!!
4. Some people come to a psychic reader feeling skeptical. And there is nothing wrong with that. It’s okay to see for yourself what this psychic thing is all about. Just make sure that you aren’t closed off. It’s important to stay open. Some people will try to test the psychic. This never works. Because if you are doing that you aren’t open and receptive. The psychic feels it and it doesn’t feel good, and the psychic may close up their fields for protection. Spirit does not come through closed energy!! Some people come with expectations and if they don’t get exactly what they want they wont accept any of it. I had one woman come to me and she had told her mother on the other side, before the reading, that if she said “The cat is black” then she would believe it was her coming through. Well, we started the reading and I kept seeing a black cat at the womans feet. I asked her if she had a black cat that had passed, and she said no. So I brought her Mom through, who was really excited about talking to her daughter, but the woman only wanted to hear one thing….. she wasn’t accepting that the black cat was her message!!
So she spent a lot of time and money being stubborn and closed off and missed an opportunity to communicate with her lovely mother.
5. Never go to a psychic who boasts about being the best or better than others. A good psychic has learned to tame his or her ego. Some psychics will say that they have a very special gift. The truth is, we all have this very special gift. I’ve been teaching spiritual development for 13 years and I have never met someone who didn’t have psychic/intuitive abilities. Being able to work as a psychic simply means that we have trained and worked to hone our gifts, hone our skills, just like any other professional.
6. Excellent psychics care about their clients, their world and themselves. They are incredibly sensitive and are typically kind and generous. Respect these qualities, because it is what makes them a really good psychic! Be kind and generous back to them, be gentle and understanding of their sensitivities, speak positively, don’t use harsh language, be on time, listen, take notes and thank them. Your psychic is a powerful avenue to creating your very best life ever!!
Points to keep in mind:
Be on time. The 30 or 60 minutes you reserve are yours to use. If you are late, you cannot make it up at the end of the session because there are other people booked after you.
No crossed arm or legs, this blocks energy.
Cell phone off, unless you choose to record your session. Always ask permission, some psychics do not allow this.
Take notes, or record the session.
There are as many different types of people who are psychic and mediumship readers as there are different types of people. It is part of the fun of doing the work that I do!!
If you feel that I could be of service to you, please call me to make your appointment!! I offer sessions by phone, via Skype, and in person upon special request. I work with people all over the world and I love what I do!! I hope to be able to share it with you!!